English Boost Program

Start your degree here and learn English to meet university standards. apply now

The English Boost Program provides 9 weeks of training for students who are just below the English standard for admission to their degree program. It is designed for students with conditional admission to Western University or King's, Brescia, and Huron University Colleges, and gives them the “boost” they need to meet the standard and succeed in their degree.


How do I apply to the English Boost Program?

To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link for the English Boost Program, fill out the form and send it to us online.

If you have applied to Western or Huron directly you are automatically considered for Boost.

For whom is the program designed?

English Boost is designed for students who already have conditional admission to programs offered at Western University or King's, Brescia and Huron University Colleges. For more details on eligibility for the English Boost program, please contact the WELC office: welc@uwo.ca

What documents do I need to include in my application?

Students applying to Brescia or King's will need to include their high school or college transcripts, as well as proof of English proficiency. For details about the application process for degree study, please visit Western’s Admissions website.


How much does it cost to study in the English Boost Program?

Tuition for the English Boost Program in 2018 is $5,080* (Canadian dollars), plus ancillary fees.

Space is limited, and to secure a place in the program, tuition must be paid and received in full. Payment instructions will be sent by a member of the WELC team after an offer is extended.

*Please note: fees are subject to change without notice.


What are my housing options – university residences, off-campus housing, homestay?

Students can choose to stay in one of our on-campus residences, or make their own housing arrangements off campus. Students often choose to stay in residence in their first year and then go on to off-campus housing.  The WELC office can help with arrangements for on-campus housing. For off-campus housing, please click here.

Where can I learn more about my housing options at Western?

Please visit Western’s Housing website.

How do I apply for my residence of choice and when will I be notified of my placement?

Details of how to apply are on the Housing website.

Need Help?

We are happy to help students select the program that is right for them, and to guide them through the application process. Our staff members speak a number of languages, including Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, French, Indonesian, Russian and Turkish. Please contact us with any questions.

Phone: (519) 661-2111, extension 85252.

Email: welc@uwo.ca